Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Power of Slurs: A Shinning Example of Mankind's Ignorance

I'm aware this post will probably piss off most people that read it but honestly I don't care I feel my logic is reasonable. This post is mostly inspired by the use of the n word and the movement to deem retard the "r word." Because of that I have two main points with this post. First I aim to point out that we should be saying the n word as much as possible. Second I would like to point out that making retarded the r word is the worst kind of discrimination.

Many people think that it is wrong for anyone (black,white,Asian,ect.) to say nigger. They think that the word is just too hateful and because of that it needs to be forgotten. Doesn't anyone understand the concept of forbidden fruit? The more restricted you make something the more powerful you make it. If you want nigger to mean nothing then you need to say nigger any chance you get to say nigger so that nigger loses all of it's power. It's like economics the more you flood the market with a product the less value it holds.

Now if you truly don't want to discriminate against the mentally challenged then you should treat them just like anybody else because after all they are just like anybody else. Because of that I would relate retard to nigger because they are just adjectives to describe different types of people. I feel the best way to handle retard is to just make it mean the same thing as stupid and have the same amount of power. Oftentimes people will say "they aren't retarded they are mentally challenged" if that's true why the hell would they care if we throw the word "retarded" around? By making retarded a limited word all you are doing is calling mentally challenged people weak and saying they can't handle being treated like anyone else and assuming that by being mentally challenged you are automatically retarded which is just rude.

I know this is a short post and honestly I may add more to it but I think I have gotten my point across in the little I have written. But remember these words are all just adjectives the more we say them the less they mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment